At first, a simple-looking accessory …but dig deeper and you’ll find thoughtful innovation designed to make your backyard barbecue simpler and tastier than ever before!
- Curved to contour the kettle for maximum charcoal capacity.
- The space between outer wall of the basket and the kettle wall creates an effective insulation barrier keeping heat inside the grill rather than heating up the air outside the kettle. This means more efficient charcoal burn at low ‘n slow temps (225 – 250 F) providing 8-10 hours of cooking on one basket load of fuel, which is about what fits in a standard sized Weber charcoal chimney.
- Curved and angled basket walls
- encourages fuel to nestle together evenly as it burns down. The closeness of the coals contributes to efficient lighting from one coal to the next.
- concentrates heat during the sear to generate searing temps topping 1000 F.
- Open and easily accessible; simple to refill if needed.
- Acts as both a heat shield to keep temperatures consistent on the indirect side of the grill and a vessel for water when moisture is required for low ‘n slow cooks.
- Spans the length of the basket providing consistent water vapor throughout the charcoal burn.
- One quart capacity lasts for 5+ hours at 225F.
- V-shape design ensures consistent steam production whether there is one quart or one ounce of water.
- Each Slow ‘N Sear is made from 16 gauge 304 stainless steel.
- 100% Made in the USA – The Slow ‘N Sear is machine fabricated then hand welded to a high level of quality and precision.